How about having a professional photographer review some of the pictures you have already taken, giving you suggestions on how they might be improved?
Which ones are your favorite pictures? Do you think they could be better? Why not get the opinion of an expert and find ways to improve your composition and technique?
Join us for a virtual private photo critique session established by Washington Photo Safari to give you guidance on your photography.
And it can all be done over the phone! You and the instructor don’t need to look at each other, you just need to look at your images on each of your computer screens for a critique!
Send us your 10 best photographs by the free zip file transfer process called www.wetransfer.com, and for a fee of just $54.95 Washington Photo Safari Director E. David Luria will review them with you by phone and follow-up email.
Here is the process:
1) Gather up your 10 best photographs and register for the critique session.
2) Make your $79.00 payment on the website or to [email protected] via Paypal or to 202-669-8468 via Zelle. Await confirmation of receipt.
3) Send the images via the free zip file transfer site www.wetransfer.com to [email protected] with a message indicating your name, your location,
your skill level in photography, the camera you use, and your cell phone number and email address.
4) Request a date and time for your virtual critique appointment.
5) Await confirmation from Mr. Luria for the critique date and time.
6) On the phone date, Mr. Luria will then go over each photograph with suggestions on how it could be improved, followed by a general critique by email which will include Washington Photo Safari’s document “Composition: The Essence of Good Photography.”
Trained in Paris at the Parsons School of Design By a protégé of Henri Cartier-Bresson, David is a member of the American Society of Media Photographers, The Association of Independent Architectural Photographers, and the Society of Photographic Educators and has had his images appear in over 100 publications, calendars and postcards. As founder and director of The Washington Photo Safari program, he has directed the training of 38,000 amateur photographers from 50 U.S. states and 53 countries since 1999, receiving hundreds of 5- star reviews on TripAdvisor, Viator, Google, Airbnb and other search engines.
Here is what a recent client said about the Virtual Photo Critique Session with David:
The photo review session I did with David was one of the best photography-related classes I’ve taken in a long time. What makes this session so useful is that it’s all about the photos that you’ve taken and you’ve post-processed and that you really like. There were several times where David pointed out some feature he liked about a photo that I hadn’t consciously noticed myself. But now that I’m aware of it, I can make a conscious effort to look out for that feature while composing in the future. He also provided some post-processing tips about where to add some cropping or even converting the photo to black and white. This session was absolutely worth every penny! K. D., Oakton VA
Hi David, I thoroughly enjoyed our critique sessions. Your advice on how to improve my photography seemed right on. It is so helpful to see my work through eyes. I feel I made great strides in how to take better photos. In addition, I learned two new tricks with my camera. Thank you so much for offering these sessions. I will definitely sign up again. C. M . Greensboro, NC
“Your time and talent is worth much more to me than you know” T. W., Alexandria VA