Five Ways to Improve Your Photography
Looking for ways to improve your photography? Here are five suggestions:
- Try a new genre of photography. There are a multitude of genres that you probably haven’t tried – Abstract, Macro, Creative lighting, Street to name a few.
- Experiment with the settings on your camera – use settings that are considered “wrong”. For instance, change the White Balance; use a long shutter speed, hand-held; use a wide depth of field with a macro lens to create an impressionistic or abstract image. Sometimes, experimenting with unusual camera settings will yield an unexpected but pleasing result!
- Take an under-used lens and use it for an extended period of time. Be disciplined and really learn its capabilities by leaving it on your camera, even when you get frustrated with it – Learn to be creative with the gear you have with you!
- Find local events to photograph. The events will provide you with ample opportunities for many genres of photography – Street, Portraiture, Architectural, Abstract, etc. Check out local websites and FB pages for upcoming events.
- Find new locations nearby. You don’t need to travel to far-away destinations to find great subjects! It is amazing how many great nearby locations are overlooked just because they are familiar to us. Get out and look for those interesting locations – parks that have nice landscaping, and buildings – especially historic ones – that have plenty of character!
If you’d like some ways to implement any of these suggestions, visit the WPS website and sign up for a safari. We are happy to help with improving your photography!