Private Safaris with E. David Luria
These can take place at a suitable architectural site, in a museum, or even over coffee at Starbucks. Subjects covered can include:
- General Photography & Use of Camera: get acquainted with the various functions of your camera and different shooting subjects, develop your eye for composition and master exposure levels. Fully customizable for you based on your skill and interest level
- F-Stops and Shutter Speeds: achieve blurry backgrounds with sharp foregrounds, sharpen food shots or master stop-motion photography
- Candid Outdoor Photography of Kids: a child at play will elicit big smiles all around. Never miss a moment for snapping your kid or grandchild at play, achieving milestones and interacting with the world around them
- Architectural Photography: develop techniques for exterior and interior architectural photography, such as timing for best sunlight, maintaining straight verticals, shooting angels, use of filters, balance of indoor and outdoor light and picture composition
- Photographing Artwork Inside Museums and Galleries: develop skills and techniques for using mixed indoor lighting with no flash and no tripod
- Nighttime Photography: develop your nighttime photography skills for using a tripod, no flash, and long exposure to produce high quality images
- Travel Photography: make your pictures worth a thousand words by having your camera at the ready for both posed and candid photo moments
- Event Photography
- Careers in Photography: thinking of making the transition over to a photography career? Take it from someone who has been there! We can coach you on ways to monetize your photography skills, marketing your business and much more
Recent client reviews --
"Thank you for revealing to me mysteries of my camera. You are a good teacher. I have played around with the settings. My camera is now recharged as am I. " ~ Margot
"Thank you for the wonderful lesson. You have an easy way about you that made it such a great experience. I am so excited to take photos! I will definitely be back for another class to dig deeper into areas like night photography. At this point, I feel so much more prepared to get the most out of my photography. I look forward to seeing you again soon." ~
Nature and Animal Photography by Sean Quintilian
Washington Photo Safari also offers private tutoring in nature and animal photography with nature specialist Sean Quintilian. Sessions can be customized to your specific interests and skill set. Some common sessions include:
- Big Lens Coaching: if you plan to buy some Big Glass or you have some you’re not confident using yet, this session will focus on how to get the best image quality with your large lenses. Attention will be paid to panning technique, proper support and purchasing advice and selection (if needed). If you’re in the market for a large lens, you can use the instructors’ personal lens while making your decision
- Birds in Flight: One on one tutoring on how to capture great images of birds in flight. Special attention will be paid to proper panning technique and proper support of larger lenses as well as selecting the right lens to get the job done. Learn how to fine tune your DSLR for flight shots. Location changes with seasons but may include Snow Geese at Middle Creek, PA in Feb., Bald Eagles at Conowingo, MD in Nov and Dec
- One-on-One at the Zoo: spend 4 hours at one of our local Zoo’s (National, Baltimore or Zoo America) while developing or fine tuning a solid foundation on the basics of nature and wildlife photography. Time will be spent on ISO, white balance, composition, shutter speed and aperture, flash use, camera modes as well as evaluating your current gear and planning future purchases
- Shenandoah National Park: A full day of private instruction catered to your skill level and subject wishes! Enough time to learn nature and wildlife techniques and time to practice them in a great location on subjects as diverse as: waterfalls, sunset, wildflowers, whitetail deer and possibly black bears and timber rattlesnakes. Instruction can include: shutter speed and aperture, lenses and perspective, filters for nature photography, ISO choice, white balance, camera modes for nature, proper tripod selection to name a few
- You Name It: Don’t see what you are looking for, have something in mind as far as subject and instruction. Maybe you have a group and want a custom session. E-mail us and we will see what we can put together. Prices will vary based on final package
Private Safaris with Reb Orrell
Washington Photo Safari is offers private tutoring by professional photogapher, Reb Orrell. Sessions can be customized to your specific interests and skill set. Some common sessions include:
- HDR (High Dynamic Range Photography): Learn the art of HDR photography using your camera, your tripod, and Photomatix software.
- Water Drop Photography: Discover how to do water drop photography either with items laying around your house or with sophisticated equipment. The results are amazing.
- Flowers: There are probably more images taken of flowers that anything else. You’ll be shown how to create stunning images working with existing light, tabletop lights, a ring flash unit, or low cost studio equipment.
- Focus Stacking: Learn how to take a series of images with your camera on an inexpensive rail system. Then using software blend all the images together to get everything razor sharp.
- Infrared Photography: The infrared light spectrum can produce some wild colors. Learn about using infrared filters or converting a camera to infrared. Discover the fun in post processing.
- Post Process: Every person has their own post processing method. Let Reb show you his way of processing his photos. With well over 3,000 awards in the last few years, he must be doing something right that you can learn from.
- Green Screen Studio -- Setting up a small home portrait studio: Are you at the point that you’d like to take the next step and set up a small home portrait studio? This is great fun especially if you have small children and grandchildren. They will also want to pose for you. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to get started. We’ll show you options on different equipment and introduce you to using a Green Screen.
- Don’t See It? Ask! Located in Anne Arundel County, MD, Reb is available most any time for private instruction. Call or text him at 410-209-0285 or email him at Reb@PicturesThatPop.com for any questions.