Learn the fundamentals of the two most important components of Lightroom, the Library and the Develop Modules
Photoshop Bootcamp: An Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
An introduction to using PhotoShop to edit images and bring out your creativity
This quick-paced, 3-hour beginner workshop, taught by portrait photographer Tamzin Smith, has been designed to help you edit your images and see how you can bring your creative ideas to life with Photoshop. You will learn how to navigate Photoshop and Bridge, use essential Photoshop tools, retouch and color correct photographic images, make selections, as well as receive an introduction to setting up your workspace. No prior experience with Photoshop is required.
· Why Photoshop?
· Overview of the Photoshop and Bridge tools and panels
· How to manage your files and establish a good workflow
· Basic editing tools for retouching and color correction
· Cropping and rotating
· How to make selections (various options)
· 1:00 – 3:00 Lecture/demonstration of workshop topics
· 3:00 – 4:00 Hands-on
Note: Additional information regarding the workshop, directions to the studio, etc. will be sent via e-mail approximately one week prior to the workshop.
- Your laptop (either Mac or PC) with Photoshop installed (preferably the latest version, but prior versions greater than CS6 are OK) prior to the workshop (and tested ahead of time to be sure it is functional). Adobe does offer a free 30-day trial on their website if you want to tryout the software before buying).
- Pen and paper
12276 Wilkins Avenue, Suite 316, Rockville, MD 20852
Elody is an award-winning photographer and instructor, specializing in landscape and fine art photography. Davanti Photo, her studio in Arlington, VA, offers both photographic services and workshops for the digital camera, as well as Photoshop, HDR, Smartphone photography and private instruction. She is also the Photo Curator in the Archives Dept. at Washington National Cathedral, the production manager (and other hats!) of a recent book entitled: “Rowan LeCompte: Master of Stained Glass”, and the co-author of Jewels of Light, the guide to the stained-glass windows at the Cathedral. She has a BA in Art from Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois and received her certificate in Professional Photography from the Washington School of Photography. In addition, she was with Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC) for 37 years in the Creative Services Division in various managerial and financial roles.