Learn the fundamentals of the two most important components of Lightroom, the Library and the Develop Modules
This quick-paced, 3-hour beginner workshop, taught by portrait photographer Tamzin Smith, has been designed to help you edit your images and see how you can bring your creative ideas to life with Photoshop. You will learn how to navigate Photoshop and Bridge, use essential Photoshop tools, retouch and color correct photographic images, make selections, as well as receive an introduction to setting up your workspace. No prior experience with Photoshop is required.
· Why Photoshop?
· Overview of the Photoshop and Bridge tools and panels
· How to manage your files and establish a good workflow
· Basic editing tools for retouching and color correction
· Cropping and rotating
· How to make selections (various options)
· 1:00 – 3:00 Lecture/demonstration of workshop topics
· 3:00 – 4:00 Hands-on
Note: Additional information regarding the workshop, directions to the studio, etc. will be sent via e-mail approximately one week prior to the workshop.
- Your laptop (either Mac or PC) with Photoshop installed (preferably the latest version, but prior versions greater than CS6 are OK) prior to the workshop (and tested ahead of time to be sure it is functional). Adobe does offer a free 30-day trial on their website if you want to tryout the software before buying).
- Pen and paper
12276 Wilkins Avenue, Suite 316, Rockville, MD 20852
Tamzin Smith is a DC-area portrait photographer specializing in contemporary, window-light portraits, in studio and on location, for business and branding, social media, online dating, and personal enjoyment. She is a 2013 honors graduate of the Washington School of Photography Professional Program, and an artist-in- residence at Artists & Makers Studios 2 in Rockville, Maryland, where she has a small, natural-light studio. She brings to her work lessons learned from being on the other side of the camera as a model; a sense of composition and color, and expertise in Photoshop, from 23 years as a graphic designer and illustrator; and a sensitivity to the discomfort many people feel being photographed from 6 years of working largely with a mature female clientele. Her work can be seen at www.tamzinsmithphoto.com.