- Ask Us About This Safari
“It’s The Composition, Stupid!”: Studying the Essence of Good Photography by Examining Classic Paintings on Zoom!
Photography, like painting, is all about composition! Learn from paintings and photographs via Zoom!
Learn how to take great photos with your late model iPhone during a 2-hour Zoomfari!
Whether you have a new 48 megapixel, A16 Bionic chip iPhone 14 Pro/Max (with Dynamic Island), or even an iPhone 13, 12 or 11, join us for a motivating, 2-hour hands-on workshop via Zoom to learn how to take great photos with your iPhone. Topics include: an introduction to the basic (and advanced) photographic functions of your phone; how to use little know features to drastically improve your photography; and an overview of the most important rules of composition and how/why they affect your photos.
• Set up and use of the basic photography features of your phones
• Introduction of the advanced shooting features, including ProRAW, photographic styles, Smart HDR 4 (along with high quality Cinematic mode, ProRes and Macro video, Action mode, etc.)
• Shooting in difficult situations (i.e., low light portraiture),
• Using the tremendous editing features of your phones
• Discussion and demo of creative composition tips and suggestions for better results
• Various apps that can complement your iPhone photography (when and why to use)
On Zoom, from the comfort of your home! Login Credentials will be sent after registration.
Elody Crimi is an award-winning photographer and instructor, specializing in landscape and fine art photography. Her studio, Davanti Photo, offers both photographic services and workshops for the digital camera, as well as Photoshop, HDR, Smartphone photography and private instruction. She is also the Photo Curator in the Archives Dept. at Washington National Cathedral, and the co-author of Jewels of Light, the guide to the stained-glass windows at the Cathedral and recently was the production manager (plus contributing writer, editor, photographer, and photo editor) of a new book on Rowan LeCompte entitled: “Rowan LeCompte, Master of Stained Glass” to be released on Sept. 29th. She has a BA in Art from Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois and received her certificate in Professional Photography from the Washington School of Photography. In addition, she was with Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC) for 37 years in the Creative Services Division in various managerial and financial roles.